As a sweeping overhaul of the U.S. tax code goes into effect, experts with different points of view discuss its implications and ways of redesigning our current system to benefit all. Panelists include:
- Paul Krugman, Nobel laureate, New York Times columnist, and distinguished professor of economics at The Graduate Center.
- Lily Batchelder, NYU law professor and former deputy director of President Obama’s National Economic Council.
- Leonard Burman, co-founder of the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center and professor at Syracuse University.
- Laurence Kotlikoff, professor at Boston University and co-author of Get What’s Yours, on social security benefits.
- Kathleen Hays, global economics and policy editor at Bloomberg (moderator).
Introduced by Janet Gornick, professor of political science and sociology and director of the Stone Center.
Presented on February 28, 2018, by The Graduate Center Public Programs and the Stone Center. For more events at The Graduate Center, go to https://www.gc.cuny.edu/All-GC-Events/GC-Presents.